Updated: Nov 14, 2020
Memorial Day celebrations this year are going to look different, but our spirit(s) will not be stopped! We curated seven cool ideas to help you pay tribute to our fallen service members and say hello to summer.
1. Hang an American flag. Honor our Veterans who have made the ultimate sacrifice by hanging an American flag. On Memorial Day, the flag should be flown at half-staff from sunrise until noon, then raised briskly to the top of the staff until sunset in honor of the nation's battle heroes.
2. Have a mini cookout with your quarantine crew. Fire up the grill and play lawn games like cornhole or horseshoes. Relax and play by the pool or let the kids get patriotic with sidewalk chalk in the front yard.
3. Make your home a vacation destination. If your Memorial Day trip was postponed due to quarantine, try bringing the vacation to you! Go with a beach theme and sip on our Moku Maid canned craft cocktail or mix up a Mai Tai with our Surfrider Rum. Close your eyes and you are instantly taken away to an island paradise.
4. Get outdoors. Break out your surfboard, cruiser or SUP to spend the day enjoying the beauty of nature!
5. Create a backyard “drive-in” theater. Set up an old bed sheet, a projector, some cushions and outdoor chairs for a cozy movie night in the backyard.
6. Gather the family around a campfire or virtual one. Roast marshmallows, tell stories and sing campfire songs for a good old-fashioned summer night.
Spread the word! We’re having a SALE to honor those who have served and protected our country. This Friday, Saturday and Sunday (May 22, 23 & 24) we will be offering 25% off all items. Shop online now and use code: MEMORIAL at checkout. Please note that we will be closed Monday, May 25 for pickups and walkups.